I, too, received a call from this # this week. After reading the comments, I, too, had difficulty finding confirmation that this is a legit, registered charity. As to the favorable comments, I have a hard time believing you (here and on other sites) since you don’t give any details that the rest of us are looking for.
I just watched “People’s Court” TV show and they talked about a company being a “shell game”. That prompted me to share my ‘adventure’ of what I found.
- I looked up the phone #, which is from Illinois, and came here.
- I looked up aovcars.com. Per my anti-virus program, not a ‘safe’ site so I didn’t click on it. But I note that description for that site shows mercycars.com, and has tags for Salt Lake City, UT and Las Vegas, NV.
- I looked up mercycars.com. That shows a registrant of Travis Peterson of the organization Donate that car with an e-mail of Michigan email@example.com and phone # of 435-851-4570, and shows aovcars.com in Provo, UT.
- I looked up donate that car + aov cars and it shows MOHCARS.com (Medal of Honor Cars).
- I looked up mohcars.com and there’s Mr. Peterson’s name with an organization of medal of honor LLC.
- I looked up medal of honor llc and it shows it’s a privately held company in Ephraim, Utah.
- I looked up 435-851-4570 and found Mountain Land Properties, Inc. in Las Vegas with Mr. Peterson’s name and Mainstream Communications LLC.
- I looked up Travis Peterson and found he’s Inactive Previous President for Mountain Land Properties in Las Vegas.
At this point, I gave up. I got tired of going down this very winding road. NO COMPANY SHOULD BE THIS DIFFICULT TO VERITY IT’S AUTHENTICITY. Unless the favorable (paid?) reviewers want to give more details, this screams ’shell game’ and SPAM.