In 2003 the Federal Government launched the Do Not Call (donotcall.gov) registry which covered all of the states. But about 35% of the states decided to keep their own Not Call programs which were created prior to the Federal one. Here is the most up to date list created.
It's strongly recommended that you sing up to both the Federal Do Not Call list as well as your local state No Call program. Both registrations are free and easy. There is simply no reason not to register. The Federal list may or may not share information with the state one and vice versa.
- Alabama - (psc.alabama.gov/nocall/NoCallPreUpdate.htm)
- Colorado - (coloradonocall.com)
- Florida - (800helpfla.com/nosales.html)
- Georgia - (ganocall.com)
- Kentucky - (nocall.ky.gov)
- Louisiana - (lpsc.louisiana.gov/DNCFormOffline.aspx)
- Massachusetts - (govone.com/man/welcome.asp)
- Minnesota - (mn.gov/commerce/)
- Mississippi - (ms.gov/psc/nocall/)
- New Jersey - (nj.gov/donotcall/)
- New York - (dos.ny.gov/consumerprotection/)
- North Carolina - (ncdoj.com/Consumer/Telephone-and-Do-Not-Call.aspx)
- North Dakota - (ag.nd.gov/nocall/Nocall.htm)
- Ohio - (puco.ohio.gov/puco/index.cfm/consumer-information/consumer-topics/)
- South Carolina - (scsos.com/Do_Not_Call_Registry)
- South Dakota - (sddonotcall.com/)
- Texas - (texasnocall.com/)
- Wisconsin - (nocall.wisconsin.gov/web/home.asp)
Send this page to your friends and family using the links below to cut down the telemarketing calls.