Thank you for contacting BMO Bank of Montreal about the phone call you received.
I appreciate your concern regarding the validity of the phone call you received. I regret any uncertainty that this has caused.
I can confirm that the phone call you received was a proactive call made by Simpro on behalf of BMO Bank of Montreal for CreditDefence/ IDefence.
To help you monitor your credit report and financial activities, CreditDefence service is now being offered through D+H to BMO credit card customers and offers the most comprehensive suite of credit monitoring services on the market today. For $18.99 per month, CreditDefence's monitoring services allow you to track a wide array of changes to your credit file as they are reported, including:
- Address Change: To alert you if the address on file is reported as changed.
- New Inquiry: To alert you if a lender has obtained a copy of your Credit Report in order to evaluate an application for credit made in your name.
- Name Change: To alert you if there has been a name change registered to your credit file.
- New Trade added: To alert you that a new debt obligation has been opened in your name within the last 3 months since you registered for monitoring services.
In addition, CreditDefence allows you to stay on top of your credit profile by providing you with in-depth information that lenders see including:
- Monthly updates on credit score (by email or txt message)
- Full quarterly credit reports that include score and activity on your credit file
For more information or to sign up for CreditDefence, please contact the CreditDefence Service Centre at 1-855-695-5271.
If you have any questions, please contact us again. Thank you for choosing BMO Bank of Montreal.
Associate, Everyday Banking, BMO Bank of Montreal
We're here to help.